Why April Is Perfect Time For A Mommy Makeover
By Michael A. Devlin, MD on April 13, 2015
A Mommy Makeover is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures performed at Devlin Cosmetic Surgery. Not only is it the most popular but it is also one of Dr. Michael Devlin’s favorite procedures. The results are instant, dramatic and long lasting.
A Mommy Makeover consist of a combination of procedures such as tummy tuck, breast augmentation or breast lift, breast reduction or a combination of both. None of these plastic surgery procedures are new, but combing them all at once in a single surgery is. Combining these operations into one procedure makes sense because you will have only one recovery period. Recovering from multiple procedures is not much different than recovering from one procedure.
Mommy Makeover is not specific to mothers, but are an attempt to rejuvenate specific trouble areas of the body such as the abdomen and breasts. Non-moms as well as grandmothers can benefit from mommy makeover type procedures. For women that have loose or sagging skin on the abdomen or breast or would like fuller more youthful appearing breasts a makeover may be just what they need.
Dr. Devlin says, "Combination procedures like the Mommy Makeover are a great way to enhance surgical results without too much downtime. Most of my patients work away from home. Many are busy juggling the demands of raising children or in some cases grandchildren. Most patients simply cannot take more time off than necessary for plastic surgery. By combining these surgical procedures, patients can enjoy a shorter recovery period. In addition, if they schedule their procedure for spring, come summer they will be able to show off their new figure, which is exciting for my patients."
Spring time is a good time for a Mommy Makeover in Little Rock Arkansas at Devlin Cosmetic Surgery. "Usually beginning around March and April, I see an increase in the number of patients coming in to my office for body contouring procedures," says Dr. Michael Devlin. "Many of them have begun to diet and exercise again with the warmer weather and want some help in contouring and reshaping the stomach and the breasts. The best part is when my patients have the surgery in the spring, the can be fully recovered by the summer so that they can flaunt their new physiques. This is an excellent reason to have cosmetic surgery in the spring”.
Here are some Mommy Makeover Highlights:
- Anesthesia: General anesthesia
- Length of procedure: This is variable depending on the amount of body reshaping of the breast and abdominal typically it takes 3.5-5 hours to complete
- Length of stay: Outpatient surgery. You will go home the same day
- Discomfort: Mild to moderate pain that is well controlled with pain medication
- Anticipate: Five to ten days off of work including child and household duties. Avoid heavy lifting over 10 pounds for six weeks. The two combined procedures do not increase recovery time.
- Costs: There are many variables in determining how much your procedure or combination of procedures will cost. Generally the price is between $7,000 to $15,000.
- Mommy Makeover special pricing for Spring- Schedule a tummy tuck and breast procedure and get ½ off surgeon’s fees for the second surgery.
Contact Dr. Michael Devlin to take advantage of our Mommy Makeover Special
Related to This
“Dr. Devlin helped me rewrite the ending to my journey from fat to fabulous. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.” Lisa Bordeaux, from a Google+ Review