Happy Mother’s Day
By Lesli Devlin,RN, BSN, RNC,IBCLC on May 07, 2015
Mother's Day is a great reminder of how wonderful mom is. Mom is a title that is earned with a lot of work and sacrifice. A mother gives so much: she gives her time, she shares her wisdom, she forfeits countless hours of sleep, and she does it all for her children.
Today’s woman is a leader whether in the workplace or working in the home. There is no greater reward than watching your children grow and flourish. At Devlin Cosmetic Surgery we know firsthand what it takes to raise a family.
I’m a mother to 6 children ages 6-18 (Yes you read that right). We like to say we have two sets of kids: the older ones (15, 16, and 18) and the younger ones (6, 9, and 11) I started thinking about some of the crazy (and funny) things our children have said to me over the last year and realized I could write a book. Here are actual quotes from our kids. I guarantee they will make you smile.
1. “Mommy I have a new friend named Jacob." Me: What's his last name? Son: His name is "Jac-ub" so is last name is "ub."
2. After one sibling got separated from the other after fighting and instructed not to speak to one another: Daughter: Mom make him stop. Me: Your brother isn't doing anything. Daughter: HE’S THINKING ABOUT ME!
3. “Mom, you have zero imagination.”
4. Six year old: Hey mommy can you teach me how to play that O’merica song on the piano? Me: O’merica, what are you talking about? Six year old: “You know…O’merica O’merica God shed is grace on me.
5. 16 year old as I’m walking into the house: “I want to tell you first that I’m OK, but I caught the oven on fire”. “On the bright side I learned to use a fire extinguisher today”.
6. “Mommy, your hair looks a little silver. You need to put some brown in it.”
7. Why did you have to make me have brothers and sisters? I was born an only child you know. This coming from #5 in birth order!
8. “Mommy, are you going to fix your hair today? Me: I already have!
9. “Dad and I were talking and we think you need to be more athletic.”
10. “Mommy, what do you want to be when you grow up?”
While these comments and questions made me chuckle, responding while trying not to laugh was the biggest chore. Through all the funny times, the best moments were when I heard:
1. "Mom, you are right, you did know what you were talking about”.
2. “I hope that I am as good of a mom as you are.”
3. “Thanks for all that you do for me.”
4. “I should have listened to you more.”
5. "Mom I love you very very very much!"
To all of our patients who are mother’s and grandmother’s Happy Mother’s Day! We celebrate you! Take advantage of our Mother’s Day specials good through May 31st. Contact our office today for these amazing offers:
Mommy Makeover Special: Schedule a tummy tuck and breast augmentation and receive ½ surgeons fees for the breast augmentation. This is over a $1000 savings!
Facial Rejuvenation Special: Schedule a Restore Lift/ Facelift and receive ½ off surgeons fees for a secondary facial procedure (i.e. eyelid lift, browlift, skin resurfacing) up to a $1200 saving!
Lesli Devlin RN, BSN, RNC
Related to This
“Dr. Devlin helped me rewrite the ending to my journey from fat to fabulous. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.” Lisa Bordeaux, from a Google+ Review