Post Weight Loss Surgery
With post weight loss surgery in Little Rock, Arkansas, Dr. Michael Devlin will remove excess skin to help you look your best and experience even greater benefits of your weight loss achievement.
If you have sagging or loose skin as a result of dramatic weight loss,post weight loss cosmetic surgery can help tone and tighten your new body shape. Post weight loss surgery can help refine your face, breasts, abdomen, arms, or thighs. If you are concerned with excess skin following massive weight loss, contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Benefits of Cosmetic Surgery after Massive Weight Loss
Whether your weight loss was a result of surgery or diet and exercise, dealing with sagging skin can take away from your feelings of success. Since the skin has been stretched, it is often unable to retract, and does not respond to exercise. There are many benefits of removing excess skin after massive weight loss:
- Improved body contours
- Reduced rashes and chafing
- Improved self-confidence
- Ease of movement during activities
During your consultation, Dr. Devlin will review your health history to determine if you are a good candidate for body contouring. You will need to be in good overall health, with no chronic diseases. If you smoke, you will be instructed to quit at least six weeks prior to surgery. Smoking can interfere with how quickly you heal after surgery, and can also lead to other complications.
Maintaining a stable weight one year prior to surgery will help ensure optimal results. We will review your eating habits, and recommend a healthy, vitamin-rich diet. Generally, if you are optimistic, and have realistic goals for your post-surgery body, this will help make your surgery a success.
Post Weight Loss Surgery Procedures
Post weight loss surgery involves body contouring and an be performed on areas of the upper and lower body, as well as the face:
- Lower body lift: This surgery addresses the stomach, buttocks, waist, hips, and thighs. It is a common surgery after weight loss, and can produce dramatic results.
- Upper body lift: This post weight loss procedure addresses the rolls of extra skin and fat along your back. It is often called a bra-line lift for women. For men, this procedure can be combined with reduction mammoplasty which helps remedy gynecomastia (enlarged male breast tissue).
- Abdominoplasty: Also known as a tummy tuck, this procedure removes excess skin and tissue from the abdomen, and tightens remaining tissue.
- Arm lift: Hanging skin on the underside of the arm frequently occurs following massive weight loss. An arm lift can be performed to remove excess skin and fat to refine the appearance of your arms.
- Thigh lift: After massive weight loss, wearing a smaller pants size is a nice benefit. However, you may not want to wear shorts due to hanging skin on the thighs. A thigh lift can remove sagging skin and extra fat on the thigh.
- Facelift and necklift: When you lose weight, you often lose fat in your face, which could result in an older-looking appearance. A facelift or necklift can help address these areas.
- Breast lift: Massive weight loss may cause your breasts to sag, especially if they were large or heavy. A breast lift re-positions the breasts into a more natural position. Some women choose to combine their breast lift with breast augmentation for enhanced aesthetics.
When extensive surgical correction is desired, Dr. Devlin may recommend staging multiple post weight loss surgery procedures over a span of months to improve outcomes. During your consultation, Dr. Devlin will review the post weight loss procedures to determine which will benefit you most.
Results and Recovery
With Cosmetic surgery after weight loss, the recovery timeline depends a great deal on the procedures that are performed, as well as the extent of treatment. Dr. Devlin will provide you with a projected recovery timeline before surgery, as well specific recovery instructions.
Contact Our Practice Today
Weight loss is an impressive victory, and Dr. Devlin would like to celebrate that with you. He is committed to helping you achieve your cosmetic surgery goals, while providing you with friendly, personalized care. If you have lost significant weight and are suffering with excess skin as a result, contact us today.
“Dr. Devlin helped me rewrite the ending to my journey from fat to fabulous. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.” Lisa Bordeaux, from a Google+ Review