Rejuvenate Your Jawline with a Mid Facelift
As we age, the cheeks, lower eyelids, and area around the mouth can begin to lose firmness, causing a sad or tired appearance. If you are developing signs of aging in these areas, Dr. Michael Devlin can perform a mid facelift at his Little Rock, AR, practice. This custom facelift restores contours by tightening skin and underlying tissue in these specific areas, helping you look as young as you feel. Contact us today to take the first step towards rejuvenating your look.
Understanding Your Options
There are three primary kinds of facelift surgery:
- Traditional: A traditional (full) facelift is the most extensive, and can address the lower two-thirds of the face as well as the brow.
- Mini: A mini facelift targets the jawline. The improvement is subtle, and usually recommended for patients in their late 30s or older, or who have already undergone a facelift.
- Mid: A mid facelift targets the middle third of the face. The mid facelift addresses the cheeks, prominent nasolabial folds, smile lines, and sagging skin under the eyes. Skin and muscle tissue are repositioned to restore definition in the cheeks and soften smile lines.
Mid Facelift Candidacy
During a consultation, Dr. Devlin will take note of your goals to determine if a mid facelift is right for you. In general, mid facelift candidates:
- Only wish to address signs of aging in the cheeks, around the mouth, or in the lower eyelids.
- Are non-smokers. Smoking can compromise the ability of the body to heal, and can result less favorable outcomes.
- Have realistic expectations. While no facelift procedure can make you look like a teenager again, they can provide subtle enhancements that make you look rested and rejuvenated.
Dr. Devlin believes patient education is essential to the success of plastic surgery, and will take all the time needed to answer your questions about facelift and any other procedure you are considering.
What to Expect during Your Procedure
A typical mid facelift is an outpatient procedure that takes about 60 to 90 minutes to complete. To minimize discomfort, oral sedation will be administered before your procedure. There is no need for a general anesthesia so recovery will be quicker.
At Devlin Cosmetic Surgery, we are committed to providing our patients with outstanding aesthetic enhancements.
Depending on your treatment goals, Dr. Devlin can create an incision in a discreet area such as the hairline along the temples, or in the lash line. Once the entry incision is made, Dr. Devlin can tighten the underlying tissue and place precise sutures to hold it in place. Next, he will trim away excess tissue.
Finally, the skin is artfully tightened and the incision is closed. Dr. Devlin's artistic technique results in inconspicuous scars. Once these incisions heal, the scars are easily concealed in the hairline and lash line.
Patients should plan for about a week of recovery. As with any facial surgery, you may experience some swelling, bruising, inflammation, or pain as you heal. Most of these side effects will subside within one to two weeks.
Contact Us Today
At Devlin Cosmetic Surgery, we are committed to providing our patients with outstanding aesthetic enhancements. To learn more about how a mid facelift can help you achieve the look you want, contact our practice online today.
“Dr. Devlin helped me rewrite the ending to my journey from fat to fabulous. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.” Lisa Bordeaux, from a Google+ Review