Rejuvenate Your Appearance with a Deep Plane Facelift
The signs of aging are often most obvious on the face, making many people dissatisfied with their appearance as they get older. A facelift smooths wrinkles and tightens loose, sagging skin to create a more youthful appearance.
There are different types of facelifts to target specific trouble areas and better address each patient’s unique needs. For those wishing to tighten tissues around the neck and jawline, a deep plane facelift may be the best option.
At Devlin Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Michael Devlin can rejuvenate your appearance with a deep plane facelift if you live in or around Little Rock, AR, Conway, AR, or Hot Springs, AR. To find out if a deep plane facelift is right for you, we welcome you to schedule a consultation.
What Is a Deep Plane Facelift?
A deep plane facelift is different from other facelift techniques in that the tissues below the superficial muscular aponeurotic system, commonly called the SMAS, are adjusted.
Another key difference with a deep plane facelift is that the SMAS, the skin, and other tissues are adjusted along with the deeper tissues, creating youthful, natural-looking results.
What Issues Can a Deep Plane Facelift Correct?
Deep plane facelifts target the lower two-thirds of the face, from the cheeks to the jawline and neck. Accordingly, deep plane facelifts are ideal for minimizing the appearance of sagging cheeks, jowls, and loose neck tissue.
Deep plane facelifts can also minimize the appearance of deep nasolabial folds or “marionette lines.” When prevalent, these lines run down from the nose alongside the mouth.
The Benefits of Deep Plane Facelifts
Deep plane facelifts offer many benefits to those wishing to rejuvenate their appearance. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Less skin trauma: The skin is pulled considerably in traditional facelifts, which can increase bruising and skin trauma. During deep plane facelifts, the skin is left attached to the underlying tissues and moved as one, reducing skin trauma.
- Discreet and minimal scarring: Scarring is minimal and discreet with deep plane facelifts. Incisions are made along the hairline and around the ears to help hide any scarring after surgery.
- Greater jawline definition: Deep plane facelifts lift the skin with the underlying muscles and tissues, providing greater jawline definition.
- Smoother skin: Excess, sagging skin is removed and the skin is tightened during deep plane facelifts, creating smoother skin. Facial fat is also redistributed as the tissues are adjusted in a deep plane facelift, further helping the skin to look smoother and more youthful.
- Reduces hanging neck skin: Loose skin hanging from the neck is easily tightened with deep plane facelifts.
- Natural looking results: Because the facial tissues are moved as a whole, deep plane facelifts create more natural looking results.
- Improved confidence: Deep plane facelifts can help patients look refreshed and rejuvenated, giving them a confidence boost and helping them look as young as they feel.
Schedule a Consultation
A facelift can rejuvenate your appearance. If you would like more information about the facelift procedure, or to find out if it is right for you, please call (501) 227-8811 or send a message to Dr. Devlin.