Plastic Surgery for Men: A Personalized Approach
Typically, men who wish to address cosmetic concerns with plastic surgery have different aesthetic goals than women. In addition, men are built differently and thus require treatment tailored to their build, body type, and personal preferences. To address these unique concerns, cosmetic surgeon Dr. Michael Devlin in Little Rock, AR, provides plastic surgery for men. He can help you achieve a more athletic look, a trimmer waistline, and more defined facial contours.
While we can often perform many of the same body contouring procedures on men and women, we must take into account the unique qualities of the male anatomy when designing treatment. Men tend to store fat in different areas of the body than women, and signs of aging can manifest differently. Men generally accumulate fat around the flanks, abdomen, and chest, as well as along the neck and chin. In comparison, women often struggle with excess fat around the thighs, buttocks, and hips.
Dr. Devlin is well-versed in the unique needs of male patients, which is why he is quickly becoming recognized as a top provider of plastic surgery for men in Arkansas.
Typically, men also have distinct aesthetic goals when it comes to plastic surgery. Whereas a female patient may wish to achieve softer features, male patients often seek more defined contours.
Through plastic surgery, Dr. Devlin can help improve your physique and self-confidence. At our practice, we offer a variety of procedures tailored to our patients' needs, including:
- Gynecomastia Surgery: If you have developed excess breast tissue, we can remove excess fat and skin for a more masculine appearance.
- Liposuction: We can eliminate stubborn fat deposits from nearly any part of the body, so you can achieve a more athletic look.
- Tummy Tuck: By removing excess skin and fat in the abdomen, as well as tightening the abdominal muscles, we can restore a more youthful appearance.
During your consultation, Dr. Devlin can take the time to listen to your cosmetic goals and address any questions or concerns you may have about treatment. He can then perform a thorough examination, taking into account your build, body type, and proportions. Finally, he can recommend the best procedure to help you achieve your desired appearance and form a treatment plan suited to your lifestyle.
Facial Plastic Surgery
Many of our male patients seek facial plastic surgery for a more youthful look. We offer:
- Facelift: We can trim and tighten drooping skin to rejuvenate the face.
- Eyelid Surgery: We can remove excess skin to improve the appearance of tired eyes.
- Chin and Cheek Implants: We can restore balance and symmetry to the face, or help you achieve a more defined jawline.
- Fat Transfer to the Face: We can harvest fat from another area of your body and inject it into the face to restore volume loss as a result of aging.
These procedures can be combined with any number of cosmetic treatments for a more comprehensive transformation.
There are a variety of injectable and non-surgical treatments available to men to help them feel and look younger. These procedures can usually be performed in-office with little or no downtime. Non-surgical male cosmetic surgery treatments include:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic Injections: These are designed to address frown lines and crow's feet.
- JUVÉDERM® or Restylane® Injections: Dermal fillers can smooth wrinkles and fill in areas with lost volume.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: This treatment can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, minimize blemishes, and diminish the signs of sun damage.
- Chemical Peels: By removing the topmost layer of skin cells, chemical peels can address the telltale signs of aging for smoother, more supple skin.
Depending on your needs, we may recommend multiple sessions to ensure optimal results. Dr. Devlin can examine your skin and outline an effective treatment plan.
Schedule a Consultation
We understand that our male and female patients have unique needs and goals, which is why Dr. Devlin offers plastic surgery procedures specially designed for each patient. For more information about our treatments or their benefits, please contact us online anytime, or give us a call at (501) 227-8811.
“Dr. Devlin helped me rewrite the ending to my journey from fat to fabulous. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.” Lisa Bordeaux, from a Google+ Review